Saturday, September 17, 2005

Ananth, my friend

I wrote this for my grandfather.. who's been slowly deteriorating my whole life. I wrote this when my father left a few weeks ago to see him in India. Possibly for the last time.



Please sir, if I could have a moment of your time...
although the sands are thinning
and the end is near, i fear

I don�t know if you remember, but are you the man in the photographs?
Could you tell me how it is that man paved his path?
Could you teach me all your secrets and fill my head with lies?
Could i pull you out of your tragic disguise?

If it�s not too much trouble, could I hear your voice?

Oh I can�t.
I understand. it�s not your choice.

Is there anyway at all that I could make you smile?
Maybe just once?
As a trial?
You were brilliant once, I know.
It wasn�t just a dream...
is this some kind of scheme?
Remove your mask...it was all an elaborate hoax.
or a nightmarish sleep..

That�s what I wish the most.


..but I wish it could be you, yourself, that I missed the most

I�m afraid I never got the chance
I spent all my eager young days
conspiring to whip you out of your trance

Could I embrace you once more?
Yes, I understand that you�re sore
I hope forever warm, you stay,
I�m glad we met today

Please understand that I wished to be your friend.. though have probably not succeeded
Goodbye..is this the end?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home